Monday, January 10, 2011

Ordering Koala Venison, Etc.

Ordering stuff off of the internets can be confusing: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/shopping_cart.  It reminds me of when a cousin of mine was catching a pitching phenom named Curly Ray Jones.  Jones had two pitches: a fastball and a curve.  My cousin dutifully reviewed the signals with Curly Ray, indicating that one finger would be for a fastball and two fingers would be for a curve.  After signalling "one" for a fastball and being de-nutted with a sinking curve and then signalling "two" for a curve and having his windpipe dislodged by a rising fastball, Cousin Charles trotted/stumbled to the mound.  Indicating a desire to go over the complex signals again, Curly Ray quickly cut him off, indicating, "All these numbas is confusing--I'll pitch it and you catch it."
I hate math, too, so I've always sort of related to Curly Ray.  There endeth the lesson.

No comments: