Monday, August 29, 2011

Senna

Go see it: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1424432/.  Even if you don't care a damn about the world of Formula One racing, it's a riveting documentary that plays like a well written novel.  Heroes and villains--Ayrton Senna, the brilliant Brazilian driver who overcomes the blatant treachery of the French driver, Alain Prost and fellow conspirator and outright rat bastard president of the Formula One organization, Jean-Marie Balestare.  A much better movie experience than most of what we've sat through this summer.

Other weekend stuff:
Superb weather in Austin.  111 on Saturday and 112 on Sunday.  Outstanding, Red Team, outstanding!  Only supposed to be 109 the next two days.  A cool front arrives and we'll be down to the high 90's by this next weekend.  Allegedly.  Maybe we can then wear sweater vests and admire Fall colors.

Played golf yesterday, walking the course carrying my golf bag.  Great decision making in action there--apparently lost every mineral in my body during that stunt and had massive cramping later that afternoon.  Solution: pickle juice.  Not that bad, either.  Next time, I'll add vodka to it.  And, maybe forget the golf.

College tackle football kicks off this weekend, and Mrs. Bulba and I will officially be in attendance.  I'll let you know if I get arrested.  Boola-boola.

Dove hunting begins on Thursday.  I'll be there with shotgun and shells but can pretty much guarantee that no animals will be harmed during the production of that event.  However, many beers will surely die that day.  I'll let you know if I get shot and arrested.

No comments: