Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Doing Time



As for me, I watch the prison shows that you see on MSNBC--the ones that drum up revenue to offset the Olbermann/Maddow sit ins--and I'm quite certain that I want nothing to do with going to jail. None. Although I do like going to jail while having to play Monopoly; it saves me from landing on Pennsylvania Avenue or Park Place or wherever and paying rent and having to get into arguments as the game inevitably dissolves into bitterness with everyone finally pulling up stakes and going off in a huff to watch Chelsea Lately or--"Lockdown San Quentin" on MSNBC.

2 comments:

nimdok said...

In the course of doing bidness I've had the "pleasure" of visiting several prisons, from White Collar country clubs to the hard core joints like San Quentin and Huntsville. Even a few city and county lock-ups.
As Mr. B said, you really don't want to spend time in any of them. That cozy little cell Andy and Barn used to keep tidy for Otis' next visit? Not happening. Anywhere.

Glenn Gunn said...

I'm thinking that Mount Airy, NC would the place to be incarcerated.

http://bit.ly/aYq8vR