Monday, August 23, 2010

LPGA Round Up

Mean Dina
Actually, I saw a link to this on Kevin Robbins' blog--it's a piece on the recent Safeway Classic in Oregon: http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2010/08/canzano_lpga_golfers_short_fus.html.  All I can say is for Dina Ammaccapane to call your office--a PR disaster for her and really, for the LPGA which already is struggling.  So, Dina doesn't want a short guy carrying her "75 pound" bag and didn't even give him a chance to do it--what gives?  And, just what the hell do you have in that bag, anyway?  I guess if Dina had to carry her own damn bag, she'd figure out some things she didn't need in that thing.  When you carry your own clubs in very hot weather and over a hilly course, you certainly do without a lot of stuff in the interest of weight--I know I do.  That said, I do occasionally find stuff in my walking bag that I wonder how it got there--five hundred pesos the other day (went to Zihuatanejo last October), one (1) 12 gauge shotgun shell (I have absolutely no clue on this one), and a six pack of AA batteries (again, no idea).  I once found my wife's curling iron in my bag but that was from a trip where she stuck a bunch of her gear in my golf bag for the plane trip home and the curling iron ended up staying in there for my next round of golf.  Happily, I didn't have to use it.

1 comment:

Glenn Gunn said...

I myself have been subjected to the "I was hoping for someone bigger" comment. Where is Stuart Smalley when you need him?

http://bit.ly/bVtplz