Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Saudi Justice


Not sure that I disagree with them too much on this: http://in.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idINIndia-43639120091103.


Maybe some of us have eased up a bit over the years, but when it comes to pedophiles, it's hard to drum up a single grain of clemency. Life in prison. No parole, ever--they cannot be rehabilitated. Think this is too hard? Take a look at the recitivism rate for them and the sevety plus year olds who are arrested for molesting children. Same for rapists. I'm in a hanging mood today.

2 comments:

nimdok said...

Can't say that I find fault with them either, nor do I disagree w/ you. Seems a bit of an anomaly to me, though, when you consider how man-boy "love" is the norm in that part of the world, and pretty much an accepted practice. A buddy who did 2 tours of duty in Iraq said that after they would set up camp, the first thing the local teens would do was bring their younger brothers around to the US tents, peddling their "services".

Taras Bulba said...

I found the arab man-boy thing to be notable when I was there in '79. Since then, numerous articles have pointed out the reality of paedestry in that part of the world in full view of Islam. Prior to the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan, two Afghan war lords actually got into a tank battle over the favors of an especially prized young boy. What a great country.