Monday, November 2, 2009

Who's Smarter?


Article talks about the liberal v conservative argument about who has the dimmer bulb:http://www.american.com/archive/2009/october/are-liberals-smarter-than-conservatives. I don't know--I see lots of stupid all over the place. That said, the most grating thing in politics to me is the smug, I know what's better for you than you do attitude embodied by the Katie Courics, the Rahm Emmanuels, and the goddamned to hell Keith Olbermanns of the world. I would also throw Hilary Clinton in there but she's conveniently exiled to the State Department, spending lots of time in Tehran and other shit holes being a pain in the ass to those folks. Good job on that, President Obama.

1 comment:

Glenn Gunn said...

As with most things in life, intelligence is a relative concept.

Two examples: 1) my brother has a phd in electrical engineering. But, very common day to day tasks are a nightmare for him. He just can't easily move from his theoretical world to the world needed to navigate in society.

2) My father-in-law barely graduated from high school. But his mechanical aptitude is off the charts. Although advancing age has deteriorated his congnitive processes, he is still the guy I would call for help with a home repair issue.

Which type would you rather have as president or senator? Mr. "I can research and write a paper with footnotes analyzing the statistical anomalies of your idea" or Mr. "Get er done?"

Our father's house has many rooms . . .