Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mick and Keith in Exile


The WSJ has become one interesting source of all things, exemplified by this little piece on the Rolling Stones, where they get Jagger and Richards to talk a little about the process of recording "Exile on Main Street"
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB20001424052748703880304575235853394576906.html#mod=todays_us_personal_journal, Good stuff. The Stones were sort of my "go to" band back in the old days of 8 track tapes and driving without seat belts. Whenever I hear something from "Exile" or "Sticky Fingers" it takes me back a little and I was lucky in the sense that the Stones were there during my youth instead of what passes for much of rock or alternative today. I'll shut up before sounding completely like the old man yelling at the kids to get off the grass.

No comments: