Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Bottoms Up


EDSBS suggests a most excellent drinking game:
http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2009/12/30/the-holiday-bowl-drinking-game-a-holiday-tradition-from-hell/. I say (channeling Warren Oates), "Why the hell not?" Speaking of The Wild Bunch, has there ever been a more excellent character name than Ben Johnson's Tector Gorch? I knew a guy once named, Horton Waller and I've always thought it outstanding. These days, it seems the most colorful names come via our brothers and sisters in the African American/Black/Negro/Colored community of which there seems to be no end to some highly creative titles. Scan a college football roster if you doubt me.

In and around Austin right now, they're birthing a lot of male babies to be named, Colt. If I was in that bidness right now, I'd name my son, Remington or maybe Smith Wesson Bulba or just go with, Glock.

Are you tired of me using italics? Thought so. I'll shut up and extend the common courtesy of a pleasant photograph to contemplate. Bottom included.

No comments: