Monday, December 28, 2009

Jack Was Not a Dull Boy


TMZ has a pic apparently showing then Senator John Kennedy chillin' on a yacht with some nubile female types:
http://www.tmz.com/. Allegedly, brother Ted was also aboard for some fun. Additionally, it appears at this precise time, the future president's wife, Jackie, was severely pregnant. Is this the Camelot that the Kennedy fawners speak about? Just checking.




Another Christmas come and gone. No major incidents to report and everyone seemed pleased with their holiday loot. I got the standard: golf shit, socks, books, useless trinket that I don't need, etc. Just thankful that I did not have to enter a store on the day after Xmas. Instead, played golf and sucked. It was a small time money game involving five foursomes and the "captain" of our team whined the entire way about the impending loss of money at the conclusion of yet another less than stellar hole--none of us were playing very well. I guess maybe his wife stands at the door when he comes home for him to hand over his winnings. Hope she didn't use the genital restraint cuff on him.


Saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie and I give it an okay. Not great, but fairly entertaining. I would have enjoyed a less action hero take on Holmes and a little more sleuthing but filmmakers take a real hard look at who is going to movies and most of 'em ain't fifty something year old men. I like Robert Downey a lot as an actor, though I saw him interviewed by that awful Actor's Studio guy and Downey came off as someone who appears to be fairly insufferable in person. The thing they get right about the movie is that Watson is not played as a bumbling ass but more faithful to Doyle's portrait of him as a competent former military man who Holmes can count on in crunch time. Anyway, go see it but not during the holiday idiocy like I did. Huge crowds at the theater and a maddening fifteen minutes in line for popcorn. Had I been armed, I would have fired a shot into the ceiling to thin the cue out a little.

No comments: