Thursday, November 6, 2008

Politics, Women and a Bit o' Confusion

Last night I was involved in a spirited discussion on obama, our future, and the best places to stash money. Out of the blue (actually, it came from the table right next to ours) we (7 men of various ages, waistlines, and beer selections) were accused of racism. Had nothing to do with our choices in the voting booth - it had to do with our pessimism about the future of the U.S. economy under an obama presidency. For some reason a nearby tart of statuesque presence - who no doubt would have great difficulty distinguishing between a cabinet member and a fashion designer - found our position reprehensible, and felt it her duty to interrupt us and tell us so. Before we had to chance to offer her a drink, ask her to join us, and bring her around to our way of thinking, she was ushered out the door.

I still don't understand the logic or the racism charge. Now had she said anything about sexism, she would have us dead in our tracks. I for one had been staring at her tits all night...

2 comments:

Taras Bulba said...

"Yes, madam, I am drunk but you have large breasts. And in the morning, I'll be sober but you'll still have large breasts. There's a point here. Right now, I don't know what it is but I'll continue to gaze in wonder at your nice blouse. Care to buy me another Guinness?" (transcript of actual quote from nimdok)

nimdok said...

Yeah, pretty much.