Wednesday, December 31, 2008

More on New Year's Eve...


Favorite memories? Most I'm not at liberty to divulge (you would all have to die if I told you). Some, I'm sure I've forgotten but you'll remind me of. I do vaguely recall, however, one very cold 12/31 spent on Greenville Avenue in Dallas. In the wee morning hours when all of the drunks were attempting to navigate north toward Sperm City or other mega-single oriented apartment complexes, the iced over incline began to wreak hellacious havoc upon the fleet of Monte Carlos and Cutlasses carrying their inebriated and crotch groping passengers. Mass carnage, frostbite through the Member's Only jackets, and projectile vomiting into the gathering slush. Good Times!
I think I was driving a Toyota Corolla hatchback at the time. It had black vinyl seats, was underpowered (please, no sexual innuendo jokes), and the a/c didn't work. Which meant, of course, great fun while sitting on Central Expressway for a couple of hours each day during that 63 day run of 105 plus degree days in Dallas during the summer of '80.

2 comments:

nimdok said...

New Year's Eve has always been somewhat of a let down, with all of the good stuff happening in the week or so leading up to it.

Now, good times were always to be had on NY Eve, but I don't recall anything out of the ordinary - aside from the New Year's Day hangovers. World class, all of them.

If we include the time leading up to New Years, then the doors open wide. Two of my favorites memories include - in no particular order - Shellback, lots of police, a Christmas tree, drunk SMU college-boy pricks, a trip to the hospital, a disco, 2 amazing women, a hot tub, and a collapsible bed...

Any questions, ask Shellback.

Taras Bulba said...

Sounds delish!