Tuesday, April 20, 2010

More from the Sports Beat


Lorena Ochoa is retiring:
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36666139/ns/sports-golf/. This is damn bad news for the LPGA--Ochoa was/is a certifiable star and bad news for me since she was my favorite to watch whenever I tuned into a women's event. She always came off to me as a real sportswoman and a nice gal but I recently saw her pound the green after a missed putt which in light of this development, tells me she's had too much on her plate with the recent birth of her child and being a step mom to three kids since she married the Aeromexico big shot. Guess that dinero isn't a problem, so this announcement may indeed be for keeps. This now means I'll have to find someone else on the LPGA to follow. I like Michelle Wie's swing but not much else about her. Gulbis and Creamer aren't really my cup of tea, either. And, watching the Koreans is as exciting as snapping green beans.

1 comment:

Glenn Gunn said...

Competition is bad.

Oxygen is good.

I like green beans.