Friday, April 16, 2010

What Sarah Wants


Slate talks about Palin with the latest "discovery" of her appearance requirements and also compares her to Al Gore and others:
http://www.slate.com/id/2250799/. I'll be brief here: I decided some time ago that I don't care for Sarah Palin and I wish she would go away. There's no doubt there's a lot of people like that. People who thought there was a fairly concentrated effort to screw her in terms of coverage and make some unfair pronouncements about her and discounted what she did in Alaska and begrudged her for aspiring to bigger things. Yeah, I guess I'm like that. But, I don't like seeing someone on so big a stage as she still commands with so little apparent foundation in terms of the context of the issues of the day...and day's past. Plus, I can't stand her voice and will redirect any radio or television to any other station on earth including Lifetime and Bravo and WGN or even the Pyongyang Daily Worker in order to just not have to listen to her. Side note: there's a guy who works out at the same gym as I do that upon arriving, will take the remote from the front desk and change the three televisions in front of the elliptical machines to MSNBC and will also change the TV in the men's dressing room to the same channel. He wears a "MoveOn.org" t-shirt and a bandana tied in a scarf over his head each time I see him and he seems always to be in ill humor about things. Maybe he doesn't like Sarah Palin's voice, either.

All that said, I appreciate those clever folks with Photoshop. You know, I thought that was a pool cue she was holding but on closer inspection it appears to be a yard stick. Don't know if I would measure up or not.

No comments: