Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cups Running Over


Here's an inside peak into the world of plastic surgery: http://www.vanityfair.com/style/features/2009/02/plastic-surgery200902?printable=true&currentPage=all. I guess you wouldn't be a human being if you didn't have some pretty strong feelings about nuclear combat, er, plastic surgery. For men, plastic surgery means boob jobs on women but the field has definitely expanded. It wasn't until about a year or so ago that I became aware of the concept of "vaginal reconstruction" or that there was even a demand for it. Go ahead, do a Google search and you'll find out all you need to know about it. As for breast augmentation, I'm all for it if a woman wants it. The only issue for me is the all too common "robo-boob" result--two perfect orbs jutting forward with little or no cleavage in between. Interesting also, is the noticeable boob job result at the gym or on the running trail. I fully appreciate the full bosom but the things don't bounce; always a minor deduct in scoring. A skilled doc who can do an augmentation that maintains a natural look should be worth his weight in gold bullion. Probably not a lot of them out there. But, with an almost 500% increase in the number of procedures since 1997, if I'm going to med school, it ain't to become a pediatrician.

5 comments:

nimdok said...

I think that if a woman's got the jack, she can get damn near perfect and real looking/feeling fake titties, as long as she doesn't want 'em too big. There's the rub, though - it's the cheap job or the massive increase in size that looks laughable, and most who want such a boost to their ego can't afford the nice ones.

I guess boob/body mods are such a part of mainstream America that they don't really phase me anymore. Rhinoplasty aside, though, I absolutely hate all the facial touching-up that is going on. Especially the plumped up lips. I find it difficult to look at someone whose face has obviously been changed.

I never was much one for blow-up dolls, and I guess I never will be.

Taras Bulba said...

It is disturbing what's going on out there with the face stuff. I know a woman who was attractive and had a pretty face but ruined her looks seeking whatever it was she was looking for or felt was lacking. Really sad.

Inca From Peru said...

I have never seen a good facelift, Mickey Rourke inclusive. Or maybe I have, but it was so good I did not notice. But what would be the point of that?

I am sorry to say I always recognize fake boobs right off, something about the shape of them. I much prefer even lop-sided and/or saggy naturals to any artificial rack.

Each to his own, I guess.

Taras Bulba said...

You're not alone on preferring the natural look.

nimdok said...

Was at a gentlemen's club not too long ago. At one point "Miss Hawaiian Tropic" was on the main stage. Suffice to say she had an amazing tan. She also had a world class ass/legs combo. Even with a obvious fake rack (high end job), she attracted quite a crowd.

Shortly after Miss HT began her routine, our table secured the temporary services of the only "entertainer" in the house who had natural boobs. Even though this particular performer - as well as the aforementioned appendages - was average at best, we soon had most of the main stage's crowd around our table.

Miss fake breast was a might bit unhappy about the loss of her adoring (and paying) fans, and left well before her song was over.