Friday, February 20, 2009

Screaming Cats


Here's something on hangover cures known in various locales: http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/worlds-strangest-hangover-cures/. I've found that if I'm able to get enough sleep and down a couple of Tylenol PMs prior to conking out, it usually works out okay. At least, I'm not tempted to shoot myself, anyway. In the old days, I went for a large fountain drink of Coke or something along with a big plate of Tex-Mex. I'll do the hair of the dog thing now on those rare occasions when I'm on a boys trip out of town somewhere but that probably won't translate into a bogey free round of golf. Or, for me, a triple bogey free round. Goddamn golf. But, all that aside, I can fully guarantee a greatly lessened hangover effect when waking up next to this prime specimen. At least the throbbing will be transferred to a southerly direction.

1 comment:

nimdok said...

B-12 and Advil works for me. If I really tear it up, I just bump it to 2 Advil. Also, if I ever have a case of the "weird head" as my wife calls it (a little fuzzy around the edges), a quart of gatorade just after waking up works wonders.

I've actually tried a couple on that list. The best ever was the hot sauna followed immediately by a dip in frigid water. Cured the worst hangover I ever had in college - long story. Problem is, the hot sauna and ice cold pool method creates a bit of a logistics nightmare, especially when you got the big head and need immediate relief.