Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Silliness


Seeing these fellows tonight at the Frank Erwin Center. I had bought the tickets as a Xmas gift for the missus not taking into account that:

1. I'm leaving early in the morning for the aforementioned ski trip fiasco.

2. Missus and I are both coming down with something. Probably not syphilis.

3. Teenage daughter #2 will be sitting with a group of her friends all of five rows over. Uh, I guess we have to behave. Then again, perhaps I'll fashion an impromptu mosh pit and hurl myself into some of the nice young people around me. That should make her thrill with joy.

4. Forgot that these rock and roll types keep late hours and probably won't show up on stage until 10 at the earliest. I already need a nap.

3 comments:

nimdok said...

1. Boo fucking-hoo.
2. You're coming down with the same thing the rest of us are, and I'll do us all the courtesy of not spelling out those two words.
3. Okay, I'll give you that one, although there is probably going plenty of "behave" anxiety on both sides of the fence. Do young chicks still flash the band during encores?
4. Give you a pass. As I said before, that is a boat on which we've all booked passage.

Have fun.

Glenn Gunn said...

I am attending the Killers concert at Nokia Live tomorrow, joining brat jr. and his close personal friend, E. Haskell. Hope they cover some Leo Sayer, otherwise, I will not be a Victim.

Taras Bulba said...

Update: for a Tuesday night, they pretty much tore it up. I recommend them. Head hurts.