Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Drag Racing


It appears that the long held belief that J. Edgar Hoover was a cross dresser may be bunk:
http://thesmartset.com/article/article02221001.aspx. Whatever the case, he was one dapper G-man. Dapper isn't a word you hear much anymore. Sort of like, typing paper which I actually asked an employee for this morning, instead of copier paper. Man, that was a red flag on aging--I'm officially done. I'll probably be searching for the Ethel pump the next time I fill up.

1 comment:

Glenn Gunn said...

Random old guy thoughts:

1) I think I will print the picture of JEH and make a Xerox copy of it. But, wait, our machines are Ricoh. Can anyone spare a Kleenex?

2) I have brand loyalty to only a few products: Welch's grape jelly, Crest toothpaste, Heinz ketchup.

3) We have available today some products that were nearly unheard of only 200 years ago. Why is there no brand loyalty to paper clips, pencil lead, typing paper, or most perishable fruit, meat and vegetables (when was the last time you said "I only eat Chiquita bananas" or "Sorry, but I will have to pass on the Iowa bred, corn fed beef?")

4) I like jello. Oxygen is good.