Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Peeps


You can get chocolate covered Peeps now:
http://www.thebigmoney.com/blogs/daily-bread/2010/03/01/chocolate-covered-peeps-are-here. Not for me, though--I like the original version. To be honest, I have a problem with Peeps in the sense that I can achieve no sense of balance with its sugary marshmallow goodness. I can't just have one or two; knocking out a box of them is not even close to a problem. In fact, quickly working through two in a sitting is easy--the only problem is the sense of self loathing afterwards, especially if you also find yourself drinking a beer during the process. Pathetic. The same with DQ; I can't have just a small vanilla cone or small shake--I MUST order the largest size available. In fact, that's the language that I employ when ordering to dispel any confusion on the part of stalwart DQ employees.

Back to Peeps--the Easter season is the traditional time for gorging on Peeps but they've expanded on the popularity of the insidious things by selling Peeps at Halloween and Christmas, too. I can usually do without them during those times with all of the other sugary offerings available but Lent is my downfall. Sort of biblical when I think about it.

No comments: