Monday, March 29, 2010

Passover...Quickly


Here's a down and dirty:
http://www.slate.com/id/2248903/. I was invited to tonight's first night of Passover by a good friend but bailed because I've got this current stomach thing that requires unexpected visits to the comfort station and I would hate to bust out in the middle of Yahweh bringing down locusts and frogs on the godless Egyptians. So, I'll miss it. Went last year and it was highly educational and well run--my friend takes his Judaism seriously and there wasn't any of this half assed Jewish shit that you see with most of your panty waisted Reform types. Even got to do a reading which went off okay which is to say I managed not to mispronounce anything too badly or egregiously fuck up. Interesting chow after the main proceedings wrapped up including lots of vegetarian stuff that tasted pretty good (anecdotal evidence points to a lot of Jews eschewing meat and Suburbans). I'll miss seeing the lovely Ashley Geller there--sorry to disappoint you,
Ashley--but there are plenty of gefelte fish in the sea, so keep swimming. Otherwise, I fully realize this is all in bad taste and guarantees a visit from the JDL but I will say that I did buy an Israeli bond last year so give me a little credit and otherwise wishing a cordial "Shalom and Happy Passover," to all and to all a good night.

No comments: