Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Women


The BBC says they go ape shit and like to shop like demons prior to their periods: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7971578.stm. Anything you could tell me regarding women and how they behave or are affected by their menstrual cycles I'd be willing to believe. Having lived with and around women my whole life you'd think I would know something about them by now but I haven't a clue. Really, I don't. I used to could tell pretty well when one was ready in terms of going in for the kill at some frat party or whatever but that skill left long ago--I just follow orders from most of the women I come in contact with now. Seriously, the best thing for me is recognizing that women have a lot more moving parts and I tend to just chalk up bizarre or irrational behavior to some temporary random neuron firing that went the wrong way. Unless, of course, they're pointing a gun at me. It's worlds simpler with men and boys--not real complicated as far as what their motivations are. That's why it's hard sometimes when women complain about men--hell, ladies--you know what they like and what works in making them (and ultimately, you) happy. And, yes, it does involve close quarters combat with you. And, steaks. And, maybe a Remington 700 and a weekend pass to the ranch, or just the golf course. After that, we're putty in your hands. Happy shopping.

2 comments:

nimdok said...

I'm just amazed that every action we - especially women - take seemingly needs some sort of justification, and there's always some scientist out there willing to accept government money to study it. Lovely.
As to shopping and the red tide going hand in hand, I don't buy it. Not unless the missus in being visited by Auntie Flo 365 days a year.
Here, I'll use the same scientific rational to clear up some points on male behavior, save the government a few bucks. You know how we like to drink, watch sports, hunt, fish, golf, play poker, stare at other chicks and do just about anything else that drives women nuts? And do 'em to excess? Well, our bad behavior is caused by bad emotional feelings stirred up by lack of meaningless/meaningful/any kind of activity that involves rubbing bellies.
As Taras said, we're real easy to figure out.

Ruprecht said...

You're both right. We are real easy to figure out, but damned if they're ever going to admit one way or the other. I suppose it all depends upon what they're proposing at that particular point in time.

If they were to admit that they can't, it probably means that they have in fact figured you out, as in the infamous, "I just can't figure you out," which actually lends more weight to their argument as to why we're so in the wrong.

If they admit that they have figured you out, it usually means you're about to get read a riot act of personal flaws in your life.

"Aw, I'm all fucked up!"