Thursday, March 26, 2009

URGENT


This was brought to my attention yesterday, and I feel it's my Christian duty to make you aware of its existence: http://www.playboyarchive.com/. Check out November, 1976--I remember it well. The young lady in the centerfold, Patti McGuire, was a sentimental favorite of mine (notably of my right hand) and she went on to marry tennis ass-hat, Jimmy Connors. I was in Vegas once--probably around 1980 and saw Connors at the airport ticket counter with Miss November exhausted, sitting on the floor next to him. She was tired and obviously had had better days but she still looked quite fetching and I wanted to extend a hearty handshake for the morale boost that she had provided to me and millions of other young men everywhere. I passed, though. Upon further review, I preferred keeping the image. As they say in "Liberty Valence," "When the legend becomes fact, print the legend." The Wiki article says she's alive and well and working as a television producer in Santa Barbara. Also says she's 58 years old. Fifty-eight. Hard to believe. The November '76 issue was also famous for the interview of Connors' fellow ass-hat, Jimmy Carter, who indicated occasional "lusting" for other women. It's really disrespectful for me to refer to former President Carter in that fashion--it's a tough job and regardless of party, presidents deserve credit for their sacrifice. My objection to Carter stems from the fact that I was embarrassed during his entire presidency and he has gone on to show his ass at every opportunity since and to often times undermine policy goals of the United States when they interfere with his own world view. So, yes, I think he is an ass-hat as well as a bitter, self righteous jerk. So, there. Patti McGuire could kick his ass, too.

2 comments:

Shellback said...

Looked at this last night. You can actually scroll through the pages of each issue.

Taras Bulba said...

I just like them for the articles.